All About DevCamp
DevCamp is Back! ... and it's still Free!
Learn how to build decentralized, scalable applications with Holochain! Our next session of the six week, volunteer-run online Holochain Developer training is starting in September 2021.
Due to overwhelming demand (700+ applicants!) we've shifted the Dev Camp from a June to September start date. More detailed information will be shared directly with everyone who applies.
Who is it for?
In this DevCamp we’ll be stepping through a lot of code, so we particularly want to hear from developers who:
- have decentralized app ideas and are looking for an appropriate platform & framework;
- want to try Rust but don’t have an interesting project to use it in;
- have been playing with blockchain, but realised its limitations;
- want to learn about architecting and designing decentralized, scalable systems.
What will we be working on?
During DevCamp 8 we’re going to be building a multiplayer game: “Tragedy of the Holocommons”
We will bring every economist’s favorite game to life as a Holochain app! The heart of this game is a demonstration of consensus-seeking in an eventually consistent environment - a crucial part of building any decentralized application!
Of course, we’ll also cover all the other essential building blocks of a Holochain application, with little adjustments to make it more fun and cool!
- Rust (backend)
- Lit (UI)
How does it work?
Each week we will host two live sessions that include live coding and Q&A. In these, we’ll cover:
- Basics of Rust for Holochain development
- Dev environment configuration
- App architecture and data model
- App building blocks
- Holochain ecosystem overview/theory
All sessions will be recorded and posted. A dedicated Discord server and support calls will be set up for participants to connect across timezones.
Cost: FreeApply for DevCamp Now!
@foobar42 @guillemcordoba @tixel @qubeo @lchang @nphias @alexoceann @sidsthalekar @petersgrandadventure @robot5x